AAA MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Area Agency on Aging is to plan, coordinate and advocate for the development of a comprehensive service delivery system at the local level to meet the short and long-term needs of the Garrett County senior population
The Maryland Long Term Care Ombudsman Program helps residents in long-term care facilities maintain their legal rights, personal dignity and control over their own lives. The Ombudsman Program is authorized by the Older Americans Act and Maryland law.
The Maryland Department of Aging, in partnership with the Area Agencies on Aging, provides leadership and advocacy for older Marylanders and their families through information, education, programs and services which promote and enhance choice, independence and dignity.
There is no charge for the services of an Ombudsman.
- Dignity & Respect
- Privacy & confidentiality
- Have visitors, & speak on the phone
- View medical records
- Manage your own affairs
- Personal possessions
- Share a room with a spouse
- Make decisions, choose schedule
- Be free from discrimination
- Snacks at bedtime
- Be free from chemical/physical restraints
- Have a copy of your rights
- Made aware of the cost of services